Collecting personal information
The Company may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
– information about the Client’s computer and about his visits to and use of this website (including IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
– information that the Client provides when registering with our website, including his email address;
– information that the Client provides when he fills the booking form on its website (such as: first name, last name, gender, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, preferences, educational details and employment details);
– information that the Client provides for the purpose of subscribing to email notifications and/or newsletters;
– information that the Client provides when uses the services on the Company’s website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services;
– information related to any purchases the Client may make of the Company’s services or any other transactions that he enters into through its website (including villa name, travel dates, group composition and other notes relating to his booking or potential booking);
– information contained in or related to any communications that the Client may sends to the Company or sends through its website (including the communication content and data associated with the communication);
– Any other personal information that the Client choose to send to the Company;
In case of group-booking, the representative person of the procedure, before disclosing the personal information of the other persons, must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Use of personal information
Personal information submitted through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website. The Company may use the Client’s personal information to:
– Administer the website and business;
– Personalise the website for the Client;
– Enable the Client’s use of the services available on the website;
– Send to the Client documents related to the purchased services through the website;
– Supply to the Client services purchased through the website;
– Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to the Client, and collect payments from him;
– Send to the Client non-marketing commercial communications;
– Send to the Client email notifications that he has specifically requested;
– Send to the Client our email newsletter, if he has requested it (he can always inform the Company at any time if he does not longer require the newsletter);
– Send to the Client marketing communications related to the Company’s business and to the businesses of carefully-selected third parties that may be of interest, by post or, where differently specified, by email or similar technology ;
– Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (in any case, those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information);
– Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about the Client relating to the website;
– Keep the website secure and prevent fraud;
– Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
HiSicily will share information with the payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Disclosing personal information
The Company may disclose the Client’s personal information to its employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy, and to the suppliers for those additional services requested and booked by the Client;
The Company may also disclose the Client’s personal information:
– to the extent that are required to do so by law in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
– in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
– to any person who the Company reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, the Company will not provide the Client’s personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that the Company collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which the Company operates in order to be enabled to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that HiSicily collect may be transferred to the following countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area: the United States of America, Russia, Japan, China and India.
Personal information that the Client publishes on HiSicily’s website or submits for publication on it may be available, via the internet, around the world. HiSicily cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
The Client expressly agrees to the transfers of personal information described in this Section 6.
Retaining personal information
This Section sets out the Company’s data retention policies and procedure, which are designed to help ensure that the Company complyes with legal obligations related to the retention and detetion of personal information.
Personal information that the Company processes for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
Without prejudice to the paragraph above, the Company will usually delete personal data falling within the categories set out below at the date/time set out below:
Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, the Company will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
– to the extent that are required to do so by law;
– if the Company believes that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
– in order to establish, exercise or defend the Company’s legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk.
Security of your personal information
The Company will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of the Client’s personal information.
All the provided personal information will be stored on secure servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
The Client acknowledges that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and the Company cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
The Client is responsible for keeping the password he uses for accessing our website confidential; the Company will not ask the Client for his password.
The Company reserves the right to update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on its website.
The Client should check this page occasionally to ensure he is confident with any changes to this policy.
Rights of the Client
The Client may instruct the Company to provide him with any personal information holded about him; provision of such information will be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at GBP 60) and the supply of appropriate evidence of identity;
The Company may withhold personal information that the Client requests to the extent permitted by law.
The Client may instruct the Company at any time not to process his personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The Company’s website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
The Company has no control over, and is not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
The Clients is required to inform the Company if the holded personal information need to be corrected or updated.
Data protection registration
The Company is registered as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Our data protection registration number is
This website is owned and operated by “The Traveller’s Niche Ltd”.
The Company is registered at the Registrar of Companies for England and Wales under registration number 9006160.
The Company’s principal place of business is in mediterranean countries.
The Client can contact the Company by writing to the business address given above, by using the website contact form, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on 0039 (0) 91 6910 705.